- All competitive matches played in the Club will be under the league system.
- The booking of courts will be the same as normal. No concessions will be made because you are a member of Meadway and RIvermead Squash Club.
- Cost of courts will be shared equally between the two players.
- Black Double Yellow spot balls will be used unless agreed otherwise by the two players.
- Each match to be decided on the basis of the best of five games, unless agreed otherwise by both players.
- 6. Scoring will be on the point per rally method i.e. first to fifteen, at 14-14 you must lead by 2 clear points to win.
- A let should be played for any points in dispute.
- Five or six players will be in each league, where ever possible.
- Points system:
2 for playing
1 for each game won
1 for winning a completed match
i.e. points scored for
3 – 0 win 6 – 2
3 – 1 win 6 – 3
3 – 2 win 6 – 4
Unfinished or drawn matches may either be replayed or points scored for completed games. New rule – points scored in original game are blanked for replayed match (i.e. replayed match starts at 0-0)
When entering results, the red boxes showing mandatory fields (score in games to be entered: eg. 3-1, 0-3, 2-2 etc.). If known, the blue boxes should be used to submit the score in each game (if not all game scores are entered, they will not be saved).
- There will be approximately one month to play all league games.
- If an opponent fails to turn up for a match six points for a walkover may be claimed after agreement with a Committee member.
- If a match is refused after three reasonable challenges, then a walkover may be claimed after consulting with a Committee member.
- Promotion and Demotion between leagues.
- See rules in force at the time. This is likely to change from time to time as the number of playing members fluctuates during the season.
- However in general the 2 players with the highest number of points in each league will be promoted and the 2 players with the fewest points will be demoted.
- If a member fails to play any games in a league cycle without informing a committee member as to why they have failed to play they will be removed from the leagues at the end of two league cycles.
- New members will be entered into the league either by starting at the bottom or by playing a friendly arranged by the Committee to assess appropriate level.
- Anyone wishing to leave the Club at any time please notify a Committee member.
- Any complaints should be submitted in writing to a Committee member for consideration at the next Committee meeting.
- Annual subscriptions will be as agreed at the AGM.